The City of Vaughan Hockey Association began playing hockey in the fall of 1991.
The Structure of the CVHA
The City of Vaughan Hockey Association (CVHA) is a not-for-profit, minor hockey association, operating within the boundaries of the City of Vaughan. The CVHA Executive Board must approve any matters affecting the Association as a whole. The Executive Board consists of the following elected and appointed positions – President, Immediate Past President, Vice President Rep (General Manager), Vice President House League 1, Vice President House League 2, Treasurer, Sponsorship Chairperson, Referee-in-Chief, and Director at Large1 and Director at Large 2. The operation of the Association is governed by the Constitution and By-Laws of the CVHA as they are amended from time to time. All players and parents are asked and encouraged to review these documents which can be found on the website
Divisions and Leagues registered within the Member Leagues
The Association consists of four levels – AA, A, Select & House League Divisions. Where permitted these Divisions consist of teams in the U5, U6, U7, U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 and U18 groupings.
The CVHA is a member of the following organizations:
*Ontario Hockey Federation
* Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL)
* North York Hockey League (NYHL)
Objectives of the CVHA
The objectives of the CVHA are to promote, govern, improve and foster maximum opportunity for all youths to participate in organized amateur hockey within the boundaries of the City of Vaughan and:
1. To develop inter-community understanding and encourage fellowship between all participants for the betterment of their physical, mental, and social well being.
2. To sponsor and promote athletic, social, and other activities as may contribute to the moral and financial welfare of the CVHA.
3. To have and exercise general control, supervision and direction over the playing interests of its teams and players.
4. To carry on its operations without pecuniary gain or profits to its members. Any gains or profits are to be used to promote the objectives of the CVHA.
5. To teach boys and girls respect for the concepts of sportsmanship; fair play, to take defeat graciously, to give credit to the winning team, to abide by referees' decisions, and to love the game above the prize.
6. To challenge and encourage our youth to win with humility and lose with dignity.
To instill an element of fun in the game of hockey and to ensure that every experience is positive and constructive.